Extending the UCD-SNMP agent
This series of documents describe the procedure
for writing code to extend the functionality of the
UCD-SNMP network management agent.
We would be very interested in comment and feedback about
how useful you find this description,
and ways in which it could be improved.
The information is designed to be read in order - the structure being:
While the document is intended to be generally self-contained,
it does occasionally refer to code files shipped with the main UCD
distribution (in particular the example module), and it may prove
useful to have these files available for reference.
- Overview & Introduction
- MIB files, and how they relate to the agent implementation
- Header files
- The basic structure of module implementation code
- The details of non-table based implementations
- The details of simple table based implementations
- The details of more general table based implementations
- How to implement SET-able variables
All feedback should be directed to the author