MINUTES OF THIRD PRELIMINARY LMC MEETING
Monday 20 September 19999
- Present Nigel Kirkwood, Frans Coenen, Martin Beer.
- Apologies for Absence. None
- Minutes of previous preliminary meetings Verified.
- Matters arising from minutes None.
- Recruitment Update
- MDB confirmed that we have some 10 applicants to
- Confirmed that associate will be appointed on a standard University RA contract of
employment --- MDB to obtain copy for NK.
- MDB will try and circulate CVs prior to next meeting.
- Monitoring Officer FC Report on contact with monitoring officer.
FC to continue trying to fix a date for the inaugural meeting.
- Program Facilitator: Confirmed NK as programme facilitator.
- Local Management Committee (LMC): Confirm membership of committee:
- NK (chair)
- Fiona Nightingale
- Project plan: NK reported that the project has been progressing since
the initial proposal and that we are now some 6 months into the
project plan as originally conceived. We
therefore need to revise the plan in the light of current activities. NK to
carry out necessary revision.
- Project monitoring: NK to include appropriate mile stones in revised work
- Associate Induction Programme: MDB to produce an appropriate
- Associate Training Programme.
- Confirmed that associate will attend
appropriate modules as specified in handbook.
- MDB to investigate the possibility
of the associate attending additional courses provided by the university.
- Confirmed that associate will be registered for an M.Phil.
- Associate Mini-Project (between modules 1 and 2). Nature of this to
be discussed with Fiona Nightingale.
- Associate Appraisal: Confirmed that associate appraisals will be
carried out as per the supervisors handbook.
- Finance Report: Confirmed that financial control arrangement and
invoicing procedure will be handled by the University Research Office, and that
FC (as the lead academic) will produce a financial report at each LMC.
- Collaboration Agreement:
- Copy of proposed agreement passed to NK.
- Confirmed that Barry Hewitson will sign on behalf of the University.
- Confidentiality: Agreed that Tachograph Analysis Consultants Ltd.
would encourage the production of academic papers provided that reasonable
precautions will be taken to avoid "giving to much away".
- Next meeting 10:30 Tuesday 28 September 1999 in G33.
Created and maintained by
Last updated 12 April 2001