Dr. Jeyan Thiyagalingam BScEng(Hons), PhD (Imperial), FBCS, FHEA, MIET, MIEEE
Lecturer / Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics (EEE/510)
School of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Science
University of Liverpool
Tel: + 44 (0) 15 1795 8316
Email: tjeyan at liverpool dot ac dot uk
Bit about me
Prior to joining UoL, I was based at MathWorks; and prior to that at the University of Oxford both as a post-doctoral
researcher and later as a James Martin Fellow focusing on high performance, Big data and energy efficient computing.
I am also a visiting scientist at the STFC Daresbury Laboratories (Hartree Centre)
, member of the Institute for
Risk and Uncertainty (IR&U) at the University of Liverpool (UoL) and an active member of the HiPEAC Network.
I have a very strong background on high performance computing, scientific data processing applications, and hence I tend to
use these technologies (large parallel machines, accelerators like GPUs and XeonPhis) as part of my research.
See my publications here.
- Efficient data processing algorithms (covering radar/image/signal/sensor data) with the a focus on target tracking, estimation and data fusion;
- Efficient algorithms for resource management / scheduling problems;
- Big data and High Performance Computing.
- Sam Knight - Efficient video tracking algorithms for autonomous vehicles [Funded by the School of EEECS] (with ProfessorJason Ralph).
- Sergi Siso - Efficient runtime algorithms for vectorising (data processing) applications [Funded by Hartree/STFC] (with Professor Frans Coenen).
- Siu Lun Yeung - Efficient state estimators and smoothers [Funded by UoL-EEECS & NTHU] (with Dr. Jerry Chou).
- Jinmeng Wu (Primary Supervisor: Dr. Yannis Goulermas). Novel approaches for community question answering.
- Lykourgos Kekampanos (Primary Supervisor: Professor Simon Maskell).
- Yinzheng Zhong (Primary Supervisor: Dr. Yannis Goulermas). Solving combinatorial optimisation problems using machine learning.
- Huafeng Hu (Primary Supervisor: Dr. Jionglong Su). Novel approaches for tumour detection in tissues
- Zhengyong Jiang (Primary Supervisor: Dr. Jionglong Su). Estimating actions for efficient portfolio management
- Alessandro Varsi (Primary Supervisor: Professor Simon Maskell). High Speed, parallel particle filtering algorithms.
- Associate Editor, SoftwareX Journal (2017)
- Chair, Special Track on Benchmarks, HPCS 2017
- PC Member, International Conference on Supercompting (2013-)
- PC Member, Energy-Aware Hight Performance Computing Conference Series (EnA-HPC) (2014-)
In the past:
- Image Processing (ELEC319) (2016/17), (2017/18)
- Engineering Skills (ELEC362) (2016/17), (2017/18)
- Image Processing (ELEC319) (2015/16)
- Application Development in C++ (ELEC352) (2015/16)
- Coordinator for MEng Projects, Department of EEE (2017-)
- Deputy Student Experience Officer, Department of EEE (2015-)
- Coordinator for School / Hartree Intereactions(2016-)