Welcome to the Ontology and Agents liaison web pages. In these pages we maintain information concerning the ongoing liaison effort to foster collaboration among researchers in the areas of Ontologies and Agents. A first step toward this goal is the liaison between the three networks of excellence, Agentcities, AgentLink and Ontoweb.
- Liaison meeting held in Barcelona on Feb 4th, 5th
|The Barcelona Liaison meeting
The Networks liaison meeting was held in Barcelona
on February 4th and 5th, 2003,
as part of the activities carried out during the Agentlink meeting.
The purpose of the meeting
was to indentify possible overlaps, and areas of collaboration among SIGS
and working groups carrying out activities within these three EU funded networks
of excellence, namely Agentcities, Agentlink and Ontoweb.
The meeting was organised
by Valentina Tamma with support from Sonia Bergamaschi,
Matthias Klusch, and Steven
- The first day was mainly
devoted to the presentation of the activcities of the three networks
excellence, for each networks there was a presentation concerning its
objectives in general, followed by presentations of the activities carried
out by either a selection or all the SIGs (working groups) in the network.
- The second day was mainly devoted to identify input, output and areas of collaboration.
List of the participants to the discussion:
- Valentina Tamma (chair)
- Luigi Ceccaroni (Agentcities, ontology wh)
- Sonia Bergamaschi (AgentLink, SIG I2A)
- Asuncion Gomez-Perez (Ontoweb, SIG 3)
- Heiner Stuckenschmidt (Ontoweb, SIG 2)
- Paul Buitelaar (Ontoweb, SIG 5)
- Alain Leger (Ontoweb, SIG 4)
Aim of the meeting was to find concrete targets that
could be measured by tangible results,
During the Barcelona meeting we have identified the possible interactions, which are summarised by the picture below:
- Ontoweb SIG 3, SIG 5 and AgentLink I2A can collaborate mainly on the topic information extraction and integration.
- Ontoweb SIG 1 can collaborate with the AgentLink I2A SIG, and in particular with the working group on legal applications
- Ontoweb SIG 4 can exchange feedback and share application cases with the whole AgentLink
- The Agentcities Web service wg and Ontoweb SIG 4 can cooperate on web services related topics.
If you are interested in any of the activities mentioned here or would like to find out more email Valentina Tamma