SOLITUDE: Safety Argument for Learning-enabled Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
Description: This project will develop a safety argument for maritime autonomous systems. Methodologically, we will build on, and extend, the existing safety argument method for traditional hardware and software systems, by focusing on the distinct features of autonomous systems -- deep learning components. We will demonstrate our method over two real-world autonomous underwater vehicles (BlueRov and Saab Seaeye Falcon).
Funding Agency: Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
Project Time: 2020 - 2022
- Dr Xiaowei Huang (PI)
- Dr Xingyu Zhao (Co-I)
- Prof Sven Schewe (Co-I)
- Prof Simon Maskell (Co-I)
- Dr Sen Wang (Lead of Heriot-Watt University)
- Dr Alexander Phillips and Dr Catherine Harris (National Oceanography Centre, NOC)
- Prof Robin Bloomfield (Adelard and City University of London)
Please feel free to contact Xiaowei Huang for more information.
- A Safety Framework for Critical Systems Utilising Deep Neural Networks.
- Xingyu Zhao, Alec Banks, James Sharp, Valentin Robu, David Flynn, Michael Fisher, Xiaowei Huang
- SAFECOMP 2020.