- Public Lectures
- "Wave-particle duality of dissipative vortices and implications for cardiology" (Video) ,
- in Auckland Bioengineering Institute seminar series , 30th August 2016, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- "Cardiac re-entry dynamics in MRI- and micro-CT based models of the heart" (Podcast) ,
- in Integrative Cardiac Dynamics Research Program, 6th July 2018, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA.
- PhD projects
Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool, offers a fully funded PhD position for UK/EU students, to start from the next academic year 2019/2020.
You can apply online. The deadline for this PhD application round is 27 May, 2019. While applications will be possible until all positions are filled, your chances will be increased by applying before this deadline.
For candidates with suitable qualifications, I will offer the following PhD projects:
- Optimal visualisation of cardiac re-entry in anatomically detailed models. (CS, Computer Graphics)
- Automatic conversion of CellML models into BeatBox modules. (CS)
- Anatomy induced dynamics of cardiac re-entry in MRI and micro-CT anatomy models. (CS, Computer Graphics, Computer Simulations, Applied Maths, Physics)
- Dynamics of dissipative vortices: response functions framework. (Applied Maths, Physics)
Whether you are eligible for the University of Liverpool scholarship, or have your own funding, if you have suitable qualifications and are interested in doing the above projects, please do not hesitate to contact me (ivb at liverpool dot ac dot uk) to discuss the projects.