Department of Computer Science,
University of Liverpool,
Liverpool, L69 3BX
Office: Room H201C, George Holt Building
Phone: (+44) 1517958859
Personal webpage: shanluorobotics.wordpress.com/
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Robotics at the Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool. I am an enthusiastic and dedicated researcher doing research on machine learning and computer vision algorithms with applications in robotics, e.g., robot perception, object recognition & localisation, and multimodal sensing fusion.
Talented candidates who are interested in my research areas are welcome to join my group, please feel free to contact me for more details (email@example.com).
Current vacancies: PhD position in Robot Perception and Manipulation.
I am responsible for the smARTLab which is a state-of-the-art robotics laboratory at the University of Liverpool.
01/2018- Present     Lecturer (Assistant Professor), University of Liverpool
09/2017- 01/2018     Research Fellow, Harvard University
06/2016- 09/2017     Research Fellow, University of Leeds
09/2012- 05/2016     PhD in Robotics, King's College London
08/2016- 12/2016     Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), MIT
My publication list and Google Scholar
- Jun 2018 – One paper accepted to Autonomous Robots journal!
- May 2018 - One EPSRC PhD DTP position funded!
- Jan 2018 – One paper accepted to ICRA 2018!
- Jan 2018 – One paper accepted to ISBI 2018!
- Jan 2018 – Moved to the University of Liverpool as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
- Nov 2017 – One paper accepted to the Mechatronics journal!
- Sep 2017 – Moved to Harvard University
- Sep 2017 – Our works demonstrated at RAEng Research Forum!
- Jun 2017 – Our works demonstrated at IET Robotics Showcase!
- Jun 2017 – Our works demonstrated at Resilient Infrastructure Challenge!
- Jun 2017 – Our works on BBC!
- Mar 2017 – One paper accepted to Neurocomputing
- Mar 2017 – Three papers accepted to ISARC 2017
- Aug 2016 – Research visit at CSAIL at MIT until Dec 2016
- Jul 2016 – One paper accepted to IROS 2016 as an oral presentation
- Jun 2016 - Our paper on haptics accepted to PLOS One
- Jun 2016 – Start working at University of Leeds
- Feb 2016 – Selected as AAAI-16 Robotics Fellowships!
- Jan 2016 – Passed my Ph.D viva with minor revision!
- Mar 2015 - One paper accepted to IEEE Sensors Journal
- Feb 2015 - One paper accepted to ICRA 2015 as an oral presentation