Department of Computer Science,
University of Liverpool,
Liverpool, L69 3BX
Office: G25, Ashton Building
Phone: (+44) 1517958407
Personal webpage: shanluorobotics.wordpress.com/
I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Robotics at the Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool. I am an enthusiastic and dedicated researcher doing research on machine learning and computer vision algorithms with applications in robotics, e.g., robot perception, object recognition & localisation, and multimodal sensing fusion.
Talented candidates who are interested in my research areas are welcome to join my group, please feel free to contact me for more details (email@example.com). Potential PhD applicants can check this link for postgraduate research scholarships and awards at the University of Liverpool, including country specific scholarships like Liverpool-CSC awards. Also check out how we have achieved for the research excellence in REF.
I am responsible for the smARTLab which is a state-of-the-art robotics laboratory at the University of Liverpool.
[Opening] PhD position "Drone Detect and Desist" in the EPSRC CDT in Distributed Algorithms
[Opening] PhD position "Development of deep neural models for sensory synergy in robot grasping", 2+2 joint program with A*STAR, Singapore.
[Opening] PhD position "Mobile robot chemists for autonomous solar fuels" (with Prof. Andy Cooper, FRS)
01/2018- Present     Lecturer (Assistant Professor), University of Liverpool
09/2017- 01/2018     Research Fellow, Harvard University
06/2016- 09/2017     Research Fellow, University of Leeds
09/2012- 05/2016     PhD in Robotics, King's College London
08/2016- 12/2016     Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL), MIT
My publication list and Google Scholar
- Semester 2, 2017/2018. MSc COMP532. Machine Learning and BioInspired Optimisation slides
- Apr 2019 –One paper accepted to ICML 2019!
- Apr 2019 –Funded KTP project with Prof. Frans Coenen (PI) and Dr. Terry Payne and Astech Projects.
- Apr 2019 –One paper accepted to TAROS 2019.
- Mar 2019 –Kicking off our AI-related training to PhD students across the Faculty!
- Jan 2019 –Invited to be part of the Program Committee of IJCAI 2019.
- Jan 2019 –One paper accepted to ICRA 2019!
- Jan 2019 –One paper accepted to AAMAS 2019!
- Dec 2018 – Our ViTac workshop accepted to ICRA2019!
- Nov 2018 – Invited to be part of the Program Committee of AAMAS 2019.
- Oct 2018 – Secured a research grant of £73k funded by the CDBB.
- Oct 2018 – Join the RAIN (Robotics and AI In Nuclear) Hub as a Co-Investigator at Liverpool.
- Sep 2018 – Welcome Daniel Fernandes Gomes join the smARTLab to start his PhD!
- Jul 2018 - One paper accepted to Automation in Construction!
- Jun 2018 – One paper accepted to Autonomous Robots journal!
- May 2018 - One EPSRC PhD DTP position funded!
- Jan 2018 – One paper accepted to ICRA 2018!
- Jan 2018 – One paper accepted to ISBI 2018!
- Jan 2018 – Moved to the University of Liverpool as a Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
- Nov 2017 – One paper accepted to the Mechatronics journal!
- Sep 2017 – Moved to Harvard University
- Sep 2017 – Our works demonstrated at RAEng Research Forum!
- Jun 2017 – Our works demonstrated at IET Robotics Showcase!
- Jun 2017 – Our works demonstrated at Resilient Infrastructure Challenge!
- Jun 2017 – Our works on BBC!
- Mar 2017 – One paper accepted to Neurocomputing
- Mar 2017 – Three papers accepted to ISARC 2017
- Aug 2016 – Research visit at CSAIL at MIT until Dec 2016
- Jul 2016 – One paper accepted to IROS 2016 as an oral presentation
- Jun 2016 - Our paper on haptics accepted to PLOS One
- Jun 2016 – Start working at University of Leeds
- Feb 2016 – Selected as AAAI-16 Robotics Fellowships!
- Jan 2016 – Passed my Ph.D viva with minor revision!
- Mar 2015 - One paper accepted to IEEE Sensors Journal
- Feb 2015 - One paper accepted to ICRA 2015 as an oral presentation