Mostly I assist lab sessions in Computer Science. I like discussing with students about their questions and ideas in learning and experimenting.
Teaching Assistant courses/modules
Below is a list of modules that I have assisted. All modules are taught in English. These modules have been taken place at the Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU), the main funder of my PhD study.
- Fundamentals of Computer Programming, for 1st year undergraduates
- Introduction to Databases, for 2nd year undergraduates
- Advanced OO Programming, for 3rd year undergraduates
- Database Development and Design, for 3rd year undergraduates
- Database and Data Management, for 1st year master students
- Computer Systems, for 2nd year undergraduates
- Professional Skills and Emerging Topics in Computer Science, for 1st year undergraduates.
- Introduction to Java Programming, for 2nd year undergraduates.
- Bio-computation, for 4th year undergraduates.
Other teaching activities
Luckily that I had the opportunity to participate to the lecturing of technical sessions in the library and in an optional course. Thanks to Dr. Shirley Cooper in University of Liverpool (UoL), I also assisted an online course for postgraduate research students about online science communication, from which I learned a lot.
- Excel VBA Programming basics, Office Software Skills, Optional Course for Undergraduate Students, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Nov 9, 2017 [slides] [file package for students]
- Excel VBA Programming basics, Technical Session, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Library, May 8, 2017
- Communicating Science in Research Online, Online Course for Postgraduate Research students, Liverpool Doctoral College, University of Liverpool, Jan 2017 - Apr 2017.
I am really honored to be awarded the highly recommended outstanding teaching assistant during the year 2017-2018. Many thanks to the professors, lecturers and students in XJTLU and UoL!